Friday 4 September 2015

Preparing For University!

Hey!
I hope you are all okay! Today I'm going to be talking about Uni! This is something I am super nervous for, but at the same time I'm super excited! If you're like me and a student about to move out of homes for the first time and move into halls or you are starting a new chapter in your life... I wish you all the best :). I thought I would share with you some ideas that I have found useful while papering for uni...

1. List making...
-I honestly think writing everything you need to do down on some paper is a good idea, this way you will never forget what you have to do, or what you need to buy if you're moving into student accommodation. I honestly think I have about 7 different lists going on around me, from a kitchen essentials list, to a bathroom list, to my enrolment list and documents list!
-The lists may make you more organised, to put your ideas into order rather than having a scrambled brain trying to remember everything! I feel a list is more likely to make you productive and crossing off a part of the list is like an achievement!
-All you need is a notebook and some pens... easy!


2. Living in halls... Nosh for Students cook book!
-If you're like me and can hardly cook (honestly I don't have a single clue!) then these books are for you. They are books for students moving into halls. They contain thousands of easy simple recipes that we can follow, it tells you exactly what you need, along with pictures to show you what the food looks like! The book was inspired by a students parent, so there is first hand knowledge!
-I also liked that it tells you price per person of each meal, the level of difficulty, amount of people it serves, and the prep and cooking time! You can cook your meals according to what you want.
-The Orange book is the simple book whereas the blue one holds more complex recipes.

-At the front of the orange book it tell you information like:
1. What to store in your cupboards or your fridge.
2. How long does food last?
3. How to cook perfect rice and pasta.
4. What do I do? If... its burnt....if I made things too spicy!

Honestly if you are moving into halls I think this is a must buy for people like me who can't/have never really cooked before! Or if you just want to learn how to cook lovely, delicious recipes!

Purchase: I brought mine on Amazon here
Price: Orange = £6.29  Blue = £6.29
       

3. Sorting documents...
-I have found it really helpful to have a display book, which is essentially a folder that has poly wallets secured into it so you can turn the pages as well as hold documents. This would be important for any letters or information your university sends you. It can also be used to keep important documents... for example your passport, birth certificate, as well as your national insurance number and any letters from your bank and accommodation.
-If you have everything set there read for you in a display book you will be able to find it quickly and without any dread or panic that you have lost it.

Purchase: You can literally buy them from any stationary store, supermarket or on-line (Amazon/eBay)
For example: Amazon sell one for £2.19 here.

Thank you all so much for reading! If you have any useful tips please do leave them in the comments I would love to hear them I'm sure others would love reading them :D. See you all soon.

Love
Chloe x

No comments:

Post a Comment