Monday 20 July 2015

Nars Sheer Glow Review.

Hey!
Its a new week and I hope you get everything done that you need :). I have a super busy week before going back on holiday next week!

For years my holy grail foundation is Mac - Face and Body (for that review click here). Recently I decided to purchase the Nars Sheer Glow foundation as I had my eye on it for a while and decided to treat myself :). However I knew it would take a lot for a foundation to beat the one I use everyday. However it seemed to surprise me when I had a lady do it for me on a Nars counter.

Cost: £31.00 for 30ml. Pretty pricey I know, but who doesn't want to treat themselves every now and then! It claims to have a satin finish that is build-able, which helps hydrate the skin and smooth out the complexion. Another reason why I brought this... my skin is type is dry, so I thought yes! This will be perfect!

My Review:
I really do like this product, it is super soft and silky and leaves a lovely finish. I am in the shade 'Deauville" Which is a yellow based foundation which seems to have a slight (very slight) hint of pink.

To the left is a photo of the colour the top is Sheer Glow and the one underneath is Face and Body (C3). Sheer Glow is lighter than my mac foundation however when blended on the face seems to be a similar colour, but I still feel my C3 Face and Body foundation matches me better. One of the problems I have run into when using Sheer Glow is how to apply the product... If I use a brush it doesn't blend nicely, if I use a beauty blender or my fingers it seems to go a little patchy around my jaw and mouth. Also when I tried it I had dry patches and it did seem to cling a little bit (Face and Body seemed to do that a little too). If anyone has any tips on how they apply Sheer Glow it would be great if you could leave a comment! The consistency of the foundation is thicker than Face and Body but isn't too thick (still a little runny but not much), The foundation doesn't look fake when used it looks natural :).

Sheer Glow is build-able and I really like that the first layer of coverage is light/medium and covers any redness I have, and does make my skin look nicer overall. If you build it up and add another layer it does have higher coverage and if that's something you are looking for I fully suggest this foundation. There was also no flashback when photos were taken! It also seemed to set nicely when I used a power, however I would wait a while before doing so, this lets the foundation set on top of the skin for the finish to come through. It did last me all day however it collected around my nose and chin.

The foundation doesn't come with a pump and is something that you have to buy separately (costs £3) and the lid doesn't fit over the top however the pump does have a locking system which is needed as I am planning to take this on holiday.

Overall I do really like the foundation but at the moment I don't know if its worth £31.00! I think I need to play around more with it and find the perfect way to apply it that works on my skin :). I'm still leaning towards my Face and Body foundation because I 100% know it works for my skin! I will see you all later in the week!

Love
Chloe x

No comments:

Post a Comment